Thursday, February 9, 2012

Post #4 + Reminders + Mini Literary Terms Test Sample

Your assignment for post #4 is to create a mini literary terms test by writing down five examples of literary terms (used in literature you have studied, not an example from the internet). Post the answers to the test as a comment on your own blog. Visit other blogs as a way to prepare for your test. I will include some sample questions from past tests below.

Remember: *Annotated terms are due tomorrow *Bring your IOP book to read when you finish the test *Be actively thinking about the effectiveness of the hook you are preparing for you mini IOP group activity

Sample Questions:
1. "Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe. I don't know." (Camus, The Stranger) Contains an insensitive __________________
2. "[my name] is like the number nine." (Cisneros, House on Mango Street)
3. Janie and Tea Cake went to live in the muck in order to work and live life Tea Cake’s way.
4. Because my childhood disturbed me, pained me, made me ask foolish questions. (Amy Tan)
5. "And this you can see is the bolt. The purpose of this is to open the breech, as you see. We can slide it rapidly backwards and forwards: we call this easing the spring. And rapidly backwards and forwards the early bees are assaulting and fumbling the flowers." (Reed, "Naming of Parts")

2 comments: